Join us this summer! 2018 Camps will be week-long half or whole day experiences.
BEAM Experiences camps provide S.T.R.E.A.M. (science, technology, reading, engineering, art, and mathematics) experiential and hands-on learning for children ages 8 and up. BEAM encourages students to use teamwork, evaluate needs, and pursue iterative design to help them grow as collaborators, innovators, and thought leaders.
Our instructors are artists, architects, and engineers who all have a passion for teaching S.T.R.E.A.M. education and creating project-based experiences. They all have their hands in creating the curriculum to provide some of Seattle’s most compelling enrichment programs. Our instructors can tailor the camp to meet every child’s skill set. All instructors have passed background checks and are experts in whatever they teach.
Stop Motion Animation – ages 8 and up
Campers will create films and learn the process of stop-motion animation using various STEM techniques at Stop Motion Animation Camp. Students will perform human animation by reenacting various movements, such as completing a tug-of war.
Campers will develop their own characters (monsters made from candy, things that fly, creations that metamorphose), plots, and settings. We won’t finish the week without directing our own Lego movie, made from the ground up with everything Lego: minifigures and bricks galore.
Using the Frames software, campers will learn how fully put together a movie by adding dialogue and cinematic scores. Make animated movies with us! All campers take home a mini-figure at the end of the week.
Video Game Design – ages 8 and up
Using problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, students create fun game play. Students brainstorm, outline, and sketch components that will be featured in their games: including characters, game narrative, and objectives.
Through hands-on experience, they learn about the multitude of art forms that go into making a finished game: such as game design, programming/logic, animation, graphics, testing, sound, and music.
Working individually, they use a 2D game development engine called Stencyl to make their own Flash game to play and share on the computer and play with your friends and family! Master the art of video game design with us!
Robotics – ages 8 and up
Students will design, build, and program a variety of robots — using a multitude of systems that include, LEGO® MINDSTORMS EV3, Cubelets, SAM Labs, Moss, Tinkerkit, among other cutting edge robotic systems. They will learn how to construct sturdy, functional robots — and with this knowledge, all students will start designing one-of-a-kind robots.
They will physically piece together logic with modular building blocks, build circuits, and integrate their creations into the world around them. The perks of completing building? Racing, dodging walls, completing obstacle courses, and battling robots! Come engineer your world with us!
July 31-August 4:
- 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday
- From noon to 1 pm, students will have lunch break and access to the school’s playground.
- Classes are available to students ages 8 and up.
- This camp is hosted at Cascade Parent Partnership Program (Cascade PPP) in the Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle at 2919 First Ave. W.
- Cost: $400.00 Register now!
Looking for Lego Engineering camps? Camp will be listed on BEAM’s calendar page, but to register, the link will take you to our sister company Bricks 4 Kidz Greater Seattle.
- Bricks 4 Kidz Lego Engineering Camps: Our classes combine LEGO® Bricks, games, and activities to ensure kids will have plenty of LEGO® fun! Using specialized LEGO® Technic pieces such as gears, axles, and electric motors, children construct a variety of specially-designed Bricks 4 Kidz models (with different variations to match each student’s skill level), as well as build creations of their own during our free-play periods. We’ll build animals, Spin Art Machines, Paper Crinklers, vehicles, and more. During craft time, projects can include making Lego jewelry and key chains. Themes include: Minecraft II, Ninja Spinning, Jurassic Brick Land, Galaxy Far Away, BRICK City Engineers, and Batman League! Register here!
Interested in having us teach our STEAM camps at your location? Contact us now!